February 8, 2017
February 1, 2017
January 17, 2017
January 11, 2017
Mileage reimbursement is .53/mile
December 7, 2016
Recommended agenda for pre-competition judges meeting:
December 2, 2016
Holiday Express is the weekend of Dec. 9-11 at Metropolitan
Thank you signing up for a fun weekend of critiquing and enjoying gymnastics with your fellow judges! The schedule is posted under the log-in page. NAWGJ uniforms plus Christmas accessories will brighten the lives of many gymnasts!
October 28, 2016
CPE credit options:
Super Camp: Oct 29-30
Emerald City Gymnastics
In-gym hours available
Sunday - November 20th - Fall State Meet
November 11th - 13th - High Tech Camp
Location - Metropolitan Gymnastics
Times: Friday: 6:00-8:00
Sunday December 4th - XCEL Clinic/Critique
Location - NW Aerials Kirkland
8:30-10:00 am XCEL update - clinic hours available
10:00 am - 4:30 pm 2 Sessions - up to 6 hours of in-gym available
December 9th - 11th - Holiday Express - NAWGJWA fundraiser
October 1, 2016
Please complete your availability on gymjas soon. http://gymjas.com/wa/index.php
Meet schedules and event assignments are updated weekly, so keep checking under the judges log-in page until we begin gymjas in January 2017.
May 23, 2016
Testing for Optionals and Compulsories will be August 21st at the State Clinic. Register by going to the WANAWGJ.com - Links page- Quick Links-Register to take an exam.
Check out the Xcel Page for updates.
Feb. 25, 2016
NCAA Q&A #7
Feb. 15, 2016
Priscilla's Mat Specs
Feb. 10, 2016
NAWGJ National Board Meeting Minutes Jan. 2016
Feb. 3, 2016
NCAA Q&A #6 Feb. 1, 2016 (revised)
Feb. 2, 2016
Women’s Artistic Coaches and Judges! Take a look at the NEW course J412- Optional Beam Connections: To Give or Not Give covering how to identify connected elements.
Visit the Complete Course Catalog on the Education page for details on the course! http://ow.ly/XG9eD
Jan. 19, 2016
Update from Dianne and Jan:
A question was raised recently about the status of the tap swing half turn dismount for the Gold Division. Please be assured that this has been thoroughly checked out and there has been NO CHANGE IN THE RULES and the dismount IS VALID for the Gold Division gymnasts.
UPDATED R&P (Jan. 14, 2016)
NEW - USAG Gymnastics Vault Values (1/14/16)
NCAA Q&A #5 Jan. 15, 2016
Level 7 WA team 9th place at National Judges Cup!
NEW - college information website! The Road to Nationals
Jan. 5, 2016
New mileage for 2016 - $.54
Dec. 16, 2015 Congrats to our WA Level 7 team going to the 2016 National Judges Cup!
Courteney Hori -Emerald City, Amanda Hargraves -Emerald City, Emma Carlblom -Emerald City, Lindsey Koch -Cascade Elite, Jennifer Davis -Emerald City, Annika Reeve -Eastside
Dec. 14, 2015 - Thank you to everyone for a successful Holiday Express/NAWGJWA fundraiser!
Special thanks to Yulia Hancheroff and Guennadi Komissarov who have supported NAWGJWA for many years with this great meet! (Shown here with a memento of our appreciation.)
USAG WA State Clinic
July 29- Aug. 1, 2016 - DATE CHANGED TO AUG. 19-21, 2016 at ECG
NCAA Video's for review are now posted! read more
Dec. 7. Thank you NWA, clubs, clinicians and athletes who participated in our first Xcel Clinic this past weekend at NWA. It was great fun and a very successful fund raiser!
Congratulations to the following 2015 Fall State Meet teams!
Level 2: 1st Eastside; 2nd Advantage; 3rd Ground Zero
Level 3: 1st Eastside; 2nd Gym East; 3rd CEG
Level 4: 1st Gym East; 2nd Eastside; 3rd Advantage
Level 5: 1st NWA; 2nd Eastside; 3rd Advantage
Dec. 3, 2015
Great article by Tom Koll in the latest Technique Magazine pgs. 32-34 - Top 10 Things To Remember for Compulsory Floor Routines (ESPECIALLY the Contractions!)
For reference go to http://legacy.usagym.org/publisheddecade/2010s/ and scroll down to the latest issue of Technique November / December, 2015
UPDATES & New Things
Compulsory iPad update
2016-17 Priscilla Hickey Scoresheets
2016-17 Patty Vitale Scoresheets
2016-17 Optional Updates,
TEST: Sunday, February 26, 2017 in Tacoma
Under the NAWGJ Code of Professional Responsibility:
• A judge should not solicit meets for herself/himself or for others.
• A judge should assist in maintaining the integrity and competence of the profession of judging women’s gymnastic events.
• A judge should assist the Association in fulfilling its duty to make judges for women’s gymnastics events available.
• A judge shall be completely unbiased.
• A judge should not give any appearance of any particular friendship with any coach or competitor.
• A judge should not become intimate with coaches or affiliates of teams or contestants who she/he may later be called upon to judge.
• A judge shall not use her/his position to endeavor to influence or attempt to influence anyone in any manner whatsoever, or to obtain any special advantage for herself/himself by reasons of or as consequence or her/his being a judge.
• Judges may not participate in any wagering activities involving amateur, collegiate or professional gymnastics, nor can they provide any information to individuals involved in any type of gymnastics wagering activities